Midwest Medical Student Symposium
The AAEM Resident and Student Association (AAEM/RSA) will be holding its annual Midwest Medical Student Symposium (Midwest MSS) on September 17, 2016, from 7:30am–3:30pm. It will be held at the Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine in Maywood, Illinois (Chicago suburb).
The content of the symposium will be specifically designed for all levels of medical students, from M1-M4. There are many things to look forward to, including: " How to Match in EM," "Truths and Myths about the Interview," Program Director/Residency Panel and Residency Fair, Mentor-Student lunch, Ultrasound, Global Health & Toxicology Workshops and more!
Last year, this symposium registered over 150 students — be sure to register early so that you don’t miss out on this very popular event! This year, the symposium date will precede the ERAS application deadline, so you will have the invaluable opportunity to meet program directors face to face.
- Registration is just $15 for paid AAEM/RSA members and $35 for nonmembers. Please note the AAEM/RSA refund policy.
- To upgrade your student free membership to a paid student membership, please call 1-800-884-2236.
- To renew your membership, please go to www.aaemrsa.org/renewrsa.
We reserved a block of rooms for attendees or presenters who will be visiting from out of town for the day before and the day of the symposium
(9/16 and 9/17) at the Hampton Inn in Westchester, IL. Please reserve your room before August 30th, 2016 to take advantage of the group discount.
Address: Hampton Inn Westchester
2222 Enterprise Dr.
Westchester, IL 60154
Phone Number: (708) 409-1000
Group name: Loyola AAEM-RSA
Hotel Website: chicagowestchester.hamptoninn.com
Group Code: RSA
If transportation from either Chicago’s airports (O’Hare or Midway) is needed, options include:
- Public transportation via the CTA train/bus system
- Ride-sharing with Uber or Lyft
- Traditional taxi services
American Taxi offers a flat rate of about $33.00 from either of the Chicago airports to the hotel. Call (847)255-9600 for this service.
The dress code for the Midwest Medical Student Symposium is business casual.
* On occasion, an AAEM/RSA photographer may take photos at the Midwest Medical Student Symposium of attendees who are participating in sessions and/or activities. Please be aware that these photos are for AAEM/RSA’s use only and may appear in AAEM/RSA symposia brochures, programs, publications, the AAEM/RSA Website, Social Media or other AAEM/RSA materials. Your attendance at the course constitutes your permission and consent for this photography.
Refund Policy for AAEM/RSA Events
Refund requests must be submitted in writing one month prior to the event. A $50 processing fee will be charged for all cancellations. All refunds will be processed after the event. No refunds will be granted if cancellation is received less than one month prior to the event. Special considerations will be given for health or family emergencies if requested in writing no later than 15 days after the last day of the meeting.
View the 2015 symposium agenda.
View the 2014 symposium agenda.
View the 2013 symposium agenda.