Step 2 CS Exam Changes from Kaplan
Below is a summary of changes from Kaplan for students preparing for the USMLE.
Most recent Step 2 CS exam changes*:
- Examinees testing after 9/10/2017 will be affected by an increase in the minimum passing standard for all 3 subcomponents (CIS, SEP, ICE).
- A countdown clock will now be visible on a screen showing how much time remains. An announcement is made when 2 minutes remain for writing the note and a countdown clock turns to red when 30 seconds remain.
- After 9/10/2017 patient notes will automatically submit at the end of the 25 minutes allotted for each total patient encounter.
- Two user-adjustable display features, text magnification, and color inversion are now available in the patient note program used by examinees after each patient encounter.
- A list of common presenting signs and symptoms will now be available in the General Information booklet for Step 2 CS on USMLE.org.
View the entire update from Kaplan and register for the FREE webinar.