Congressional Elective Scholarship
To help offset funding for the AAEM Congressional Elective for Residents and Students
Max amount: $2,000
Current location and need for travel to DC and/or lodging to DC, merit based on application. The scholarship will be awarded based on receipts submitted for reimbursement after the elective has been completed.
During the rotation:
- Complete the four-week elective and health care tasks as assigned to the satisfaction of the Congressman and his staff.
- Produce a written piece (blog post, Common Sense article, etc.) on the subject matter as an informational/educational briefing.
- Produce a written piece (blog post, Common Sense article, etc.) as a summary of the elective experience. Include a picture if possible.
- Produce and tweet facts-of-the-day or 160-character pearls for AAEM staff to share*. This can also be pictures of just the experience.
*1-4 tweets per week of non-sensitive material are recommended, but more are always encouraged.
After the rotation:
- Develop one 5-20 minute presentation on your experience with the AAEM Congressional Elective. This can be descriptive of the experience or it can be informative based on a healthcare topic.
- Help write / edit / add to an Elective Manual on tips and suggestions for future rotators. This can be based off the current Elective Manual that is provided by Congressman Ruiz’ staff.
- Applicants must be a member of RSA. Preference will be given to residents, but fourth year medical students are eligible.
- Fill out the form below including your name, email, address, institution, and year of training.
- Please attach your CV.
- Please provide one letter of recommendation.
- Please provide a 500 word essay answering the following question: What do you hope to gain from the experience and how will you utilize your advocacy experience to contribute back to RSA membership?