Cabinet of Delegates
The AAEM/RSA Cabinet of Delegates plays a critical role in helping the AAEM/RSA Board of Directors and Medical Student Council represent your interests to the house of EM.
We are actively recruiting an AAEM/RSA resident delegate from each EM residency program and an AAEM/RSA student delegate from each medical school to serve as a champion of AAEM/RSA to their program.
In this leadership role, members of the Cabinet will assist AAEM/RSA by being a liaison between your residency or medical school to the AAEM/RSA board so that we can better advocate for you and the future of emergency medicine!
Once you have confirmed that you will be the delegate from your program, please complete the application by June 15th!
- Gain valuable experience in networking with residents and students from around the country
- Share your voice to the AAEM/RSA board and help us advocate for the future of emergency medicine
- Gain leadership experience at your residency or medical school and continue to build your CV
- Meet with fellow Cabinet members in-person at the AAEM Annual Scientific Assembly
- Have the opportunity to coordinate relevant activities for the residents or EM bound students at your program
- Be the first to know about ongoing AAEM/RSA events
As an AAEM/RSA Delegate to your residency or medical school you will be our liaison to:
- Inform residents and students of upcoming national and regional AAEM/RSA events
- Distribute educational materials to residents and students in your programs or medical schools
- Communicate with AAEM/RSA about how we can best support you and your fellow residents and students
- Coordinate activities or events sponsored by AAEM/RSA with residents or medical school EM interest group leaders
- Be ready to represent your program’s viewpoint by voting when AAEM/RSA needs to collect resident opinions
- Provide contact information of your co-residents and students who wish to be placed on AAEM/RSA’s mailing list and provide a specific resident and EMIG contact
- Designate a resident or student who will take your place as the AAEM/RSA Delegate when you will graduate
You must be a member of AAEM/RSA to represent your program as a delegate. Learn more about becoming an AAEM/RSA member.
- Talk to your residency program, medical school, or EMIG leadership to confirm that you can represent your program during 2022-2023. Only one delegate per program should be identified. An application may be denied if a delegate has already been identified and submitted by the program.
- Complete the application with your name, contact information, and program.
- The Cabinet of Delegates will be confirmed by July 1st each year and positions will be held for one-year terms through June 30th
As a delegate to the Cabinet, your program may fund your membership. If you require a letter to support your application for membership dues, please email us.
Applications for AAEM/RSA Cabinet of Delegates positions will be open from May 15-June 15 each year.