Cabinet of Delegates
The AAEM/RSA Cabinet of Delegates plays a critical role in helping the AAEM/RSA Board of Directors and Medical Student Council represent your interests to the house of EM.
We are actively recruiting an AAEM/RSA resident delegate from each EM residency program and an AAEM/RSA student delegate from each medical school to serve as a champion of AAEM/RSA to their program.
In this leadership role, members of the Cabinet will assist AAEM/RSA by being a liaison between your residency or medical school to the AAEM/RSA board so that we can better advocate for you and the future of emergency medicine!
- Gain valuable experience in networking with residents and students from around the country
- Share your voice to the AAEM/RSA board and help us advocate for the future of emergency medicine
- Gain leadership experience at your residency or medical school and continue to build your CV
- Meet with fellow Cabinet members in-person at the AAEM Annual Scientific Assembly
- Have the opportunity to coordinate relevant activities for the residents or EM bound students at your program
- Be the first to know about ongoing AAEM/RSA events
As an AAEM/RSA Delegate to your residency or medical school you will be our liaison to:
- Inform residents and students of upcoming national and regional AAEM/RSA events
- Distribute educational materials to residents and students in your programs or medical schools
- Communicate with AAEM/RSA about how we can best support you and your fellow residents and students
- Coordinate activities or events sponsored by AAEM/RSA with residents or medical school EM interest group leaders
- Be ready to represent your program’s viewpoint by voting when AAEM/RSA needs to collect resident opinions
- Provide contact information of your co-residents and students who wish to be placed on AAEM/RSA’s mailing list and provide a specific resident and EMIG contact
- Designate a resident or student who will take your place as the AAEM/RSA Delegate when you will graduate
You must be a member of AAEM/RSA to represent your program as a delegate. Learn more about becoming an AAEM/RSA member.
- Talk to your residency program, medical school, or EMIG leadership to confirm that you can represent your program during 2022-2023. Only one delegate per program should be identified. An application may be denied if a delegate has already been identified and submitted by the program.
- Complete the application with your name, contact information, and program.
- The Cabinet of Delegates will be confirmed by July 1st each year and positions will be held for one-year terms through June 30th
As a delegate to the Cabinet, your program may fund your membership. If you require a letter to support your application for membership dues, please email us.
Applications for AAEM/RSA Cabinet of Delegates positions will be open from May 15-June 15 each year.
Delegate submissions outside of the application period may be sent by email for review.