Topic: The Nuts and Bolts of Locums
Speakers: Robert Mohr, MD FAAEM, Bruce D. Armon
Moderator: Leah B. Colucci, MD MS
Description: An introductory webinar on getting started in the independent practice of emergency medicine, including a discussion on five important details that are often missed when negotiating a locums contract:
- What is the “bill rate” for the client? What is the margin for the locum company?
- Is your bill rate a percentage of the pay rate or is there a fixed bill rate?
- Why is this site needing locum tenens? How long has the site continuously used locum tenens? How many of your docs have decided not to go back?
- Am I required to staff/accept liability for patients seen by APPs? Is APP staffing represented in your patient per hour estimate given?
- Who will be paying the malpractice insurance? The hospital client or the locums company?
Did you know that many EM physicians carry two or more employers at the same time and you should expect to have +/- eight employers throughout your career? For most, the “single employer model” is a way of the past, and graduating residents need to be prepared to thrive in the modern job market.
Our webinar series is designed to change the way you think about your career and to help you feel confident looking for jobs, working with recruiters, negotiating your salary and benefits, and weighing legal considerations.