The AAEM/RSA International Committee will have the opportunity to contribute to international medicine projects and resource development that are helpful and beneficial to students and residents. In addition, this committee includes a strong focus on developing resources for international trainees.
- Encourage interests and initiatives that expand understanding of global emergency medicine
- Serve as liaisons between AAEM/RSA and international EM societies while supporting the development of international emergency medicine interest groups
- Develop and expand educational resources for international trainees and practitioners of emergency medicine
The current projects of the committee reflect both an interest in international/global health and an interest in the education of international trainees and practitioners.
- AAEM/RSA International Student Travel Scholarship
- International Subcommittee FOAMED Web Access
- AAEM/RSA Away Rotations Scholarship
- Introduction to Critical Care and Anesthesia Course
- Foundations to 12-Lead EKG Interpretation Course
- International Health Crisis Pearls
- Creation of Emergency Skills Modules for Medical Students